EASY TECH TIPS!
Here are a few easy tips that will fix many of your computer problems and reduce the need to enter a ticket or otherwise contact the tech office:
Computer will not boot up (dead)
· Unplug from power and firmly re-plug.
· Check that the power strip is turned on.
· Try the power on switch again.
Mouse or keyboard will not respond
· If possible, unplug and re-plug the keyboard and mouse
· Reboot the computer if this does not wake up your mouse/keyboard
Any other unusual problems
· Close all programs if possible and reboot the computer
Smoke and fire shooting from my computer..
· Seek a safe place to call appropriate first responders!
· Big smile if you read this far!
If none of these steps solve my problem WHAT DO I DO?
1. Enter a ticket (most issues)– choose your computer number (even if this is for your projector), enter a complete description, submit
2. Call 1173 (emergency, effects students and/or instruction immediately)
3. Email (you can’t enter a ticket or you are not near a phone) DouglasHelpDesk@k12.sd.us
4. Email a tech directly only if you are already corresponding about an open ticket or issue.
You are now an official Junior Douglas Techie
Thank you for your support
Ric A. Caskey
Douglas School District 51-1
Box Elder, SD 57719
Phone: 605.923.0016 ext. 1034