ATTENTION Parents and Guardians: Starting in August 2013, there will be no charging for students in grades 6-12 or for staff members. Please set up your email reminders now at myschoolbucks.com. If questions, contact Food Service Coordinator Karen Faas at 923-0056 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Douglas High School now participates in a Dual Enrollment Program with Western Dakota Technical institute. If you are interested in enrolling, please see your DHS guidance counselors for cost and enrollment details.
2. The Douglas Patriot Foundation is hosting an informational get-together TOMORROW from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the High School Courtyard. Come enjoy a hot dog, chips and drink while discovering what the Douglas Patriot Foundation is all about! Support our Douglas Patriot Foundation!
3. Just a reminder: Girls basketball players, there is open gym Tuesday and Fridays at 6 p.m.
4. Any boy interested in the Douglas Boys’ Basketball camp, please see Coach Coley to pick up a registration form. The camp will be on Tuesday, May 28th at 3:30, Thursday May 30th at 1:30 and Friday May 31st at 3:30.
5. Seniors – also don’t forget you will need to turn in your DHS parking permits at the end of the year or pay $5 for a lost permit. All other fines/fees will be due prior to receiving your diplomas as well.
6. Ever wonder what Knowledge Bowl is or just want to try it out? Come TOMORROW to the Study Hall room at 7:15 a.m. and play a round or two with current members. Any questions please see Mrs. Schmidt.
7. Military Students: The base is doing FREE sports physicals June 5 all day. Pick up your packets in the activities office before you get your physical.
8. There is NO SCHOOL Monday, May 27 due to the Memorial Day Holiday. Enjoy! (And see you at school on Tuesday.) Remember the last day of school is Thursday, May 30 and is an EARLY RELEASE day!
9. Pizza Ranch fundraiser for the Douglas Softball Club Tuesday, May 21 from 5-8pm. Please come eat and support the newly formed Douglas Softball Club!
ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
Tuesday - State Girls Golf at Yankton
Thursday - Senior Breakfast, 7:00 a.m.
Senior Awards and Slideshow following Breakfast
Baccalaureate, 7 p.m.
Friday- State Track at Brandon/SF
Saturday – State Track at Brandon/SF
Sunday – Graduation, Patriot Stadium, 2 p.m.