1. There will be sign ups for the Douglas Club Baseball team on January 18. Any boys in grades 7-12 interested in playing baseball should bring their parents to the meeting at the DHS Library, 6:00 pm on Jan. 18.
2. Juniors & Seniors: we have applications for the 2017 Youth Trooper Academy. This one-week residential learning experience that will run June 26-June 30 in Pierre, SD. This is a mentally and physically demanding program. Candidates should be highly motivated, of good moral and ethical character, and have an interest in a career in law enforcement. Applications are available in the counseling office, and the application deadline is March 26, 2017.
3. "The Bill of Rights and You" is now on view at the Douglas High School Library through January 20th. This new pop-up exhibit from the National Archives commemorates the 225th anniversary of the ratification of the Bill of Rights. Explore the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution, collectively known as the Bill of Rights. For more information on the exhibit, visit the Douglas High School Library webpage or Facebook page.
4. DHS debate team earned 2nd the Buffalo, WY Sweepstakes: Chloe Adkins- 1st in Lincoln Douglas debate, 3rd in Oratory
Sophie Schwartz- 2nd in LD, 2nd in Extemp, Jae Fletcher and Hannah Hill 5th in Public Forum &Sarah Sanchez - 5th in Oratory.
5.Students interested in pre-season track conditioning there will be a brief meeting in the cafeteria on Thursday the 19th right after school.
6. The music department is now accepting designs for the 2017 Cabaret. Entries should be done in black ink on a white 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper. There is no theme, but the art should have a music/jazzy focus. Artists should sign their name near their design. We're looking for both hand drawn and computer-generated designs. The design cannot be too busy, as it won't transfer well onto t-shirts. The winner will receive a free t-shirt, two free tickets to the Cabaret on the evening of their choice, and a $5 credit at the coffee bar that night. Designs are due by February 1st. Please see Mrs. Larson if you have any questions.
Monday- No School
Tuesday- Boys Basketball @ Stevens JV 4pm/9th 5:30pm/Var. 7pm
Girls Basketball @ DHS vs Belle Fourche JV 4:30/C-6pm/Var. 7:30pm
Thursday – Wrestling @ Belle Fourche 4pm
JV Boys Basketball @ 4pm JV & 10th grade games
Friday- Wrestling @ Chamberlain 3:30pm
Boys Basketball @ DHS vs Little Wound JV 4pm/Var. 7pm
Girls Basketball @ Little Wound JV 4:30pm/Var. 5:30pm
Saturday- Wrestling @ Chamberlain 9am
Girls Basketball C-Team @ Hill City
College and Career Visits:
January 19 Army rep 12:45-1:15 Library
January 24 Sheridan College, Wyoming 9:00 Library
January 25 Lake Area Tech 12:30 Library
January 30 US Marines 12:45 –1:15 Library