1. Students: Please turn in your completed registration packets at the counseling office or give to a teacher.
2. Logan Garr will be having a presentation in the auditorium on February 23rd during 1st and 2nd hours. He is presenting on his trip to Japan last summer as one of ten in country to study abroad for three weeks with the Japan Society. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.
3. Juniors interested in attending the career fair March 1st must complete the release form and submit it to their English 11 teacher by February 21. Attendance is limited to the first 100 students to sign up. If 100 juniors do not sign up, seniors may sign up. Any questions see Mrs. Clark or Mr. Pepper.
4. Applications for Girls and Boys State are available for juniors in the Counseling Office. Applications are due on March 10. Please stop by the Counseling Office for an application or if you have questions.
5. Save your plastic bottle caps for the Robotics class! They will recycle them.
6. The DHS Booster Club would like to recognize the following Students of the week: Christy Broughton
Naphtali Soto and Naomi Wynn. Way to go Patriots! Please pick up your t-shirt in the main office.
7. There will be a meeting for all Girls interested in playing golf this spring on Wednesday March 1 at 3:15 in room 9 (Ms Rowe’s room). If you can’t make it please see Ms Rowe.
8. Congratulations to the Patriot wrestlers who placed at the region tournament to qualify for the State Tournament next weekend. Declan Malone 3rd, William George 4th, Sherman Taber 4th, Matt Ambrose 4th, Tyler Blasius 4th, Colton Jackson 2nd
and Branson Taylor 3rd.
9. State Vex robotics competition in Mitchel this weekend with our four Douglas teams to compete with 31 teams across the state.
10. The library is hosting a book talk this Friday, February 24th, during 2nd period. Mrs. Darata will tell you about all the books nominated for an award for this year’s South Dakota Teen Read Program. Come to the library to get a ticket. Your 2nd period teacher must sign your ticket for you to be excused. Next week is National Read Across America Week, also known as Dr. Seuss week. The library has many activities planned for the celebration. There will be games, including a scavenger hunt, throughout the week. Also, spirit days for the week:
Monday- Celebrate “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish” by wearing red and/or blue.
Tuesday- Celebrate “The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins” by wearing a hat.
Wednesday- Celebrate “If I Ran The Zoo” by wearing animal print or something with an animal on it.
Thursday- It’s Twins Day. You and a friend can celebrate “The Cat In The Hat” by dressing alike.
Friday- Students get to celebrate “I’m Not Going To Get Out Up Today” by staying home and sleeping in. It’s a District Day.
And since we always hear that teens would like to relax and read, but just don’t have the time, we’re holding a Birthday Party Read-In on Thursday, March 2nd, during 6th period. You must get a ticket from the library staff and your sixth period teacher must sign your ticket so we know you’ve been excused. For information on any of these events, please come to the library.
Thursday – Debate @ Cheyenne, WY
State Wrestling Tournament
Friday- Debate @ Cheyenne, WY
State Wrestling Tournament
Saturday- State Wrestling Tournament
9th Boys Basketball @ Custer Invite 9am