Student Announcements: Week of May 30-June 2, 2017
1. Are you looking to do some Community Service this summer? The Box Elder/Douglas Community Library could use your service this summer. The Summer Community Library is open from June 5-July 28th 6-8 pm Mon- Thursday evenings. Find the night that works for you: Monday night is just a hang out night, Tuesday night is story time, need people to read. Wednesday night is game night, need people to set up games and play with the patrons, Thursday night is STEM night and need people to come in and over see the activities. If you are interested please leave your name in the library and what night you are interested in or see Miss Dawn.
2. There will be summer open gym and summer weight room at DHS on Mondays through Thursdays. Open gym begins June 6th, 6:00-8:00 pm. Douglas Middle School and Douglas High School students are welcome.
3. Drama Club Members, if you have not picked up your video flash drives or CDs, please see Mr. Plooster right away.
4. The DHS Destination Imagination team “Phenomenons” competed against teams from 48 states and 14 countries from around the world.They placed 17th out of 74 teams in their division and also tied with Watertown HS for the highest finishing position in the South Dakota Affiliate! Team members are Bethanie Brocar, Ria Guallano, Jace Canaan and Ashlynn Jensen.
5.Congratulations to the Douglas Track & Field team on their great performances at the State Track Meet:
Trevor Severson 2nd Place Long Jump / 7th Place Triple Jump, Naomi Wynn 3d Place Shot Put, Alissa Wieman 6th Place 3200 M run AND the school record! Brock Mulvehill 7th 110 Hurdles, Kevin Jenkins 8th110 Hurdles. The Boys' 400 Relay team of Hughes, Severson, Sorensen, Severson 8th Place, And the Girls' 400 Relay team of Toliver, Guigui, Mitchell and Goings on breaking the school record!
6. Congratulations to the Patriot golfers on taking 2nd at the DHS Wind Invite. Sophie Schwartz was first and Molly was 3rd. The Patriots will be at the State Golf Tournament next Monday and Tuesday in Huron. Good luck to the girls' golf team at State next week!
7. If you plan on playing football this fall please stop by and see Coach Maciejczak during your lunch period.