Student Announcements: Week of Oct. 9- Oct. 14, 2017
1. This year Douglas High School is a participating school for College Application Week. From Oct. 30 – Nov. 3, seniors are eligible for up to three free applications to South Dakota postsecondary institutions. You must apply online at http://apply.sdbor.edu. You may only apply to 3 schools during that time frame and applications must be completed before 3 pm on November 3rd. Make sure you provide a working email address and that you check it for any messages from the schools requesting additional application information. If your application isn’t complete by the deadline it will not be processed during the free week. The link to apply can be found on the DHS Website under the Guidance tab.
2. Learn how you can make a difference in your community Saturday, Oct. 28 at the Volunteer Expo. Stop at the front office for more information.
3. The music department is selling Eileen's cookie dough! YUM!!! The 3 pound tubs are $15 each and make approximately 33 3-inch cookies. Flavors are chocolate chip, monster oatmeal, snickerdoodle, m & m, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter & sugar. The sale ends Oct. 24th, so talk to a music student TODAY! Delivery will be November 16th.
4. Do you like being creative? Thinking outside the box? Solving challenges with friends? Come check out DI!
Destination Imagination will be having an informational meeting TOMORROW at 6:00PM in the Badger Clark library. This is open for ALL students! Come learn what DI is all about!
5. The library will be sending cards to Hearts 4 Vegas in Las Vegas, NV. Mrs. Darata has supplies for anyone to make a card. Stop buy and create a message to send to the first responders, doctors, nurses, and families.
6. Congratulations to the Competitive Cheer team! Your Black Hills Conference Champions!
7. Red Ribbon Week is coming —which means the poster campaign is coming- this years theme: Your future is key, so stay drug free! How creative are you? Out of 700+ students at least 100 of you are creative I am sure use the media of your choice to create a message using the theme. Prizes to be given out at each grade level, plus one overall winner here at DHS before going on to the district. Entries in the library, main office, room 40. Entries are due October 25th in room 40 by 3:10pm.
8. SADD meets Tuesday the 17th @ 7:20 am in room 40- See Sawyer Wentworth for info or Miss Dawn
9. The art club will have a new member meeting on Tuesday October 17 at 7:30 AM. Any students interested in joining the Art club please attend, or contact Mr. Horan in room 54.