South Dakota students and families can access a new, online tutoring program, staffed by college students who are preparing to become teachers. The Dakota Dreams Online Tutoring Program offers FREE online tutoring to K-12 students across the state. One-on-one tutoring sessions can help students with their homework, tackle specific trouble areas, and address broader educational concepts.
- The program is staffed by university students accepted into their Schools of Education at Black Hills State University and Northern State University.
- It utilizes a simple and secure online platform, where students and tutors connect for virtual sessions. The platform is a one-stop shop for scheduling and conducting sessions.
- Subject areas include English/language arts, math, science, social studies.
- Tutors will be available Monday through Sunday afternoons and evenings. The service will not be available on holidays and during Christmas and spring breaks.
- In order to access this free service, parents first need to register their students to use the platform. Once registered, sessions can either be pre-scheduled or on-demand, depending on tutor availability.
- The program is a joint effort of the South Dakota Board of Regents and Department of Education – administered by BOR and funded with federal dollars available to DOE through the American Rescue Plan.
- Click here to learn more and register! Free Online Tutoring | Our Dakota Dreams
Questions about this program should be directed to [email protected].