- Auditions for the Fall Play The Frogs: A Modern Adaptationwill be Monday, September 14 at 3:40 in the auditorium. Scenes for the audition will be available in the Drama Club Classroom. See Mr. Plooster to join the classroom and for more information.
- School Pictures are Wednesday, Sept. 23rd. We will call you down by class period. Please have your mask on and report to the Axillary gym. All students will need to get their photo taken in order to receive your student I.D. Students enrolled in Black Hills Online Line Community in grades 9-12 are welcome to get their school picture taken the same day from 8am-11am.
- The first Student 2 Student meeting is September 15 at 3:30 pm in room 46 (the German room). Student 2 Student or S2S is a Military Child Education Coalition leadership program to help support military connected students. We are a club that focuses on 100% acceptance of all students and on ensuring new students are transitioning smoothly to Douglas High School. You don't have to have a military connection to become a leader or participate in S2S. Everyone is welcome! Please come on Tuesday to our first meeting.
The first activity for S2S this year is volunteering at the food pantry on September 17 from 4:00-7:00 pm at the bus barn. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up with the student 2 student advisors: Mrs. Kuegle (room 46) or Mrs. Schmidt (room 31). Sign-up sheets are posted outside each classroom.
- The Debate team will be hosting the first meeting of the year on Monday, September 14th at 3:40 in Mr. Mraz's room. This is a meeting for anyone interested in joining Debate or continuing to be on the Debate Team.
- Congratulations to the Homecoming Court - Freshman: Marcus Woods and Meadow Hancock; Sophomore: Logan Huber and Jeslyn Arpan; Junior: Caleb Cookie and Lexi Dettman; Queen Candidates: Reese Maxon, Carina McNay, Victoria Somerset, Pearl Taylor, Brisa Thomas & Sarah Vinson. King Candidates: Jevin Afraid of Lightning, Malik Ahmed-Hosie, Tyler Clark, Caleb Stewart & David Severson.
This week’s dress up days are as follows –
Please remember dress up days need to school appropriate – no weapons etc.
Monday: Opposite Day
Tuesday: Duo Day
Wednesday: Decades Days
Thursday: Tacky Tourist/Hawaiian
Friday: Patriot/Red, White, and Blue Day
Iron Man Volleyball on Monday after Coronation @ 7pm in the Main Gym on the Football Field
Powder Puff Kickball on Tuesday at 7 pm on the Football Field.
No sign ups for these events, just show up and have fun.
Seniors wear Blue shirts, Juniors wear Pink shirts, Sophomores wear Green shirts, Freshman Yellow shirts.
Monday- Coronation 7pm
Iron Man Volleyball 7:30pm
Tuesday – 9am Golf @ Spearfish
7pm Powder Puff Football
Thursday- 2pm Cross Country @ Custer
4pm Soccer @ Spearfish
6:30pm Volleyball- Senior/Parent Night
6:45pm C Team football @ Stevens
Friday- 6pm Football vs Sturgis
Saturday- 9am Cross Country @ Huron
10am Girls Soccer JV vs Belle
10:30am Volleyball @ Pierre
12pm Boys @ James Valley Christian