Student Announcements: March 11 - March 16, 2019
- Environmental Club will be having a raffle and movie night this Thursday, the 14th! It'll be directly after school in room 6, Mrs. Martenson's room! To enter the raffle, it will only cost $1, but the movie and fun will be free; bring a friend!
- Boys State Applications are now available online for juniors who would like to apply. Boys State will be held May 27-31, 2019 at Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD. The Box Elder American Legion Post 315 would like online applications completed by March 15, 2019. They will then hold interviews and select those sponsored to attend. For website information, please stop by the Counseling Office.
- Cabaret tickets are now on sale! This year's Cabaret will be March 11th & 12th and will feature all of our ensembles, several solo performances and a featured performance by members of Black Hills Aerial & Cirque! Tickets are $10 in advance for adults ($12 at the door) and $8 for students 12th and under ($10 at the door). As always, we'll have a fantastic menu with a variety of sweet and savory treats as well as coffees, Italian sodas and more. Ask a music student about buying your tickets now!!
- Are you interested in Welding, carpentry or electrical trades? Or being trained as a certified nursing assistant? How about culinary arts or office administration? Are you more interested if the training is free? Come to the front office to sign up and take a permission slip for the spring Job Corps tour, March 19th! Ask Cha in the front office if you have any questions.
- Anyone interested in being on the Competitive Cheer Team in the fall must try out. Try outs will be March 27, 28, and 29 at 3:30 in the gym. You must be there all three days.
- Any girl in grades 6-11 may try out for the DHS Competitive Dance Team, April 1-4, 3:30-5:30, at the DHS Wrestling Room.
- Information for the Booster Club Scholarship in now available in the counseling office. Due date is April 5th.
- There will be a meeting for all girls interested in playing golf this spring on Tuesday March 12 at 3:15 in room 9. If you can’t attend please see Ms. Rowe before March 12.
- Tuesday after school in the Learning Center will be a Student 2 Student meeting. New members are always welcomed!
- Wednesday before school in the Learning Center Student 2 Student will host conversations and games. Come meet new people and have some fun!
- Smarter Balanced Tests are coming up! Juniors, you can finish your school year May 16, adding a week to your summer vacation, for your efforts. Show us what you can do!
Monday- 7pm DHS Cabaret
Tuesday- 7pm DHS Cabaret