Student Announcements: December 8 - December 14, 2019
- Student Council will be hosting round table discussions on Wednesday, December 11th. This is a safe place for any student to speak up about their education or any other concerns they have. These discussions will take place during the 2nd and 3rd hours in the Main Office.
- There will be Christmas dress up days the week leading up to the break. December 16th – 20th.
Monday – Christmas colors - all students wear green/red/white.
Tuesday- Holiday Headwear and Socks
Wednesday- Ugly Sweater Day
Thursday- Christmas/Holiday movie character day.
Along with these dress up days, student council will be holding an Ugly Sweater Contest on Wednesday of that week. The winners of each grade will be awarded a gift card on Friday. You can vote for the ugliest sweater on the Student Council Instagram page that Thursday & Friday. We encourage all students to participate and enjoy the holiday season.
- Mrs. Kron’s first period class has made a promise to help their community by donating boxes of different items to different charities. The first box was donated to the mission, next we are starting a box for the humane society. If you would like to be a part of this project to help all the cute animals in need this winter please bring your items to room 132. Thank you
- The Douglas School District will be distributing Holiday Food Baskets to needy families. You can participate by sending in non-perishable food items to your 1st hour class period. The first period class that collects the most will win the prize of doughnuts and juice.
- Blood drive will be on Monday, December 16th. You can sign up to donate at the table located in the front foyer the week before the blood drive. We encourage all students to help our community and to save a life.
- The music department will be presenting their holiday concerts on Thursday, Dec. 12 in the HS Theater. The bands will perform at 6:00 pm, with the choirs beginning at 7:15. The groups will be performing a variety of musical selection including some holiday favorites! There is no admission for this event. Start the holiday season off right!
- SADD Meeting on the 10th 7:10 am—if you plan on helping with Freshman Impact you need to be here!
- Your debaters represented Douglas High School in Sheridan Wyoming this weekend. In Lincoln-Douglas Debate Andrew Walters placed 2nd, and Alexandra Marquez placed 1st. In Varsity Public Forum Melissa Rothe and Ashton Lockhart placed 2nd and Ashlynn Jensen and Taralyn Sipp placed 3rd. In Novice PF Harley Glayzer and Amanda Rothe placed 1st and Nate Johnson and Daniel Shepard placed 2nd. In Oratory Andrew Walters placed 5th and Melissa Rothe placed 4th. In Extemp, Dee Wilkin place 6th and Caleb Stewart placed 2nd. In Novice Extemp Harley Glayzer placed 5th and Amanda Rothe place 2nd. In Inform Payton Parker placed 5th and in Poetry Pearl Taylor placed 2nd. Overall Douglas High School placed 1st in the tournament.
Monday- 6:30pm Booster Club Mtg
Tuesday- 4pm Debate at Sturgis
Thursday- 6pm DHS Concert
Friday- 2pm WR @ RC Inv.
3:30pm BB @ Sturgis
3:30pm GB @ Sturgis
4pm Debate at BHSU
Saturday- 8am WR @ RC Inv.
8:30am Debate at BHSU
9am BB DHS 9th Inv
9am GB @ Belle 9th Inv.