- Congratulations to the Patriot Debate Team. Nine debaters qualified for the National Tournament! Caleb Stewart and Baxter Meier in Policy Debate, Izzy Ashley and Marissa Marquez in Extemporaneous Speaking, Nina Bivens and Addison Brown in Public Forum debate, Dee Wilcken, Andrew Walters and going undefeated-- Pearl Taylor in Lincoln Douglas Debate.
- All Junior and Senior boys are eligible to apply for Boys State. Boys State is an American Legion Program that teaches young men about the functions of State Government through a hands-on process. Students will create a fictitious state starting at the City level, then continuing to the Country level and onward to a State level. Boys State will be held May 31 – June 4, 2021 at Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD. To apply, go to www.southdakotaboysstate.com. Applications must be submitted by Friday, April 23. Winners will be selected and sponsored by the American Legion Post 315.
- Six Patriots qualified for the State A Wrestling Tournament Congrats to 112 lb Taylor Lindstrom 120 Kale Crowser, 126 Aiden Russell, 145 Morgan Sandal, 160 Payton DeWitt &285 Malik Ahmed-Hosie.
- Girls State applications are available in the Counseling Office. Girls state will be held at the University of South Dakota campus in Vermillion, SD from May 31 – June 5, 2021. Applications are due by March 11, 2021.
- Student 2 Student will host their next meeting Wednesday Feb. 24th at 7:20am in Mrs. Kuegle’s room. We will begin planning for Military Child Month activities. New members are always welcomed.
- Congratulations to the cast and crew of the state one-act play A Thousand Cranesfor receiving a superior rating at the State One-Act Play Festival in Brandon Valley. The entire cast received acting awards. Riley Perry received an individual acting medal, and Chloe Shatswell, Maiya Timm, Brayden Schuelke, Alissa Wieman, Brock Murphy, Caley Murphy, Lily Militello, Victor Collins, Gaven Williams, Rebecca Roth, Sophia Ackerson, Brooklyn Wickersham, and Brennan Ackerman all received ensemble acting medals. The tech crew of Diane Steichen, Juliana Hansen-Goodart, Delaynie Parker, and Logan Bourne all received medals for the superior as well.
Tuesday – Boys Basketball @ Sturgis 4pm
Wednesday- Solo Ensemble Contest.
Thursday- State Wrestling @ Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
Friday- State Wrestling @ Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
Boys Basketball @ Brandon Valley 4pm
Girls Basketball @ Brandon Valley 4pm
Saturday- 9am Boys Basketball @ Custer Invite
11:30am Girls Basketball @ Yankton
12:45pm Boys Basketball @ Yankton
State Robotics- Harrisburg